Over the years, Salesforce has been a fast-growing ecosystem, helping plenty of customers across businesses, institutions, and nonprofit organizations have meaningful connections with their respective customers. Standing tall as a number 1 CRM in the vast business space, it is packed with features like workflow creation, task management, contact management, collaboration tools, opportunity tracking, analytics and an intuitive dashboard. Hence, businesses rely on Salesforce to keep operations running, and the significant weightage is on the shoulders of Salesforce professionals who are collaboratively working to deliver aspired outcomes. One such important professional in the ecosystem is Salesforce Administration, a profile that has amplified the aspiration of having a stable and secure job, even during unprecedented times.
Who is a Salesforce Administrator?
The Salesforce Administrator is a professional defining the system and maintaining the structure within the ecosystem. Simply put, they connect with businesses and clients to understand individual needs and requirements. Based on the understanding and insights gathered through the engagement, they begin to create a personalized and curated outcome. Moreover, they work to impart the right awareness, knowledge, and functioning of Salesforce applications and features to their clientele. Besides, there are also possible possibilities to keep abreast of all the latest developments, trends, and innovations. To put in a few words, a Salesforce Administrator is the ‘Captain of the Ship’ who works to bridge the existing gap between ‘Business & Technology.
What is the Role of a Salesforce Administrator?
Considering the role of Salesforce Admin, it holds the maximum scores in creating a path to a winning implementation. To mention just a few and elaborate on the same, here are some of the key roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring each tool, application, and feature is working with optimum performance and integration.
- Managing user accounts, profiles, sharing workflow rules, handling approvals, and maintaining dashboards.
- Extracting and importing leads, contacts, and other essential data required to have meaningful insights.
- Automating the work specific to the company while also managing smooth business functioning.
- Running periodic checks on the Salesforce system for the updates and erasing the duplicate data. The strategy can also ensure database management and seeing that it is free from Malware.
- In some organizations, there is a combination of roles to fulfill at various levels of experience and expertise.
- Some organizations hire professionals for a specific role with relevant capabilities. For example, an admin hired for the sales team has to work on the Sales Cloud for closing deals and keeping track of the opportunities. The professional here is responsible for setting up personalized dashboards, alerts, fields, and reports to shorten the sales cycle and track every lead in greater detail.
Is Salesforce Admin a Good Choice of Career?
A Salesforce career is a mix of rewarding job opportunities. If you go by the credential, it is just the start of a Salesforce career or the first stage of development. However, if you go by the importance and weightage of the badge you earn, it’s like opening a wide door of opportunities. Few opt for the admin certification to supplement their current profile, while some do it to have a fresh and promising start to their career. Both ways, it is worth the investment.
The US job market is expected to have more than 3 million Salesforce jobs with an average salary of $91,000. Considering the average salary in the UK, it is $107,200 and in Australia $110,000. Now, taking a peek into the Indian market, the average salary of an admin is 7,884.56, which turns out to be 5, 90,549 INR.
More than 16,309 Salesforce Administrator jobs are listed on Naukri and around 67,000 on Linkedin as of October 2021. Moreover, Glassdoor has more than 379 open jobs and Times Jobs with more than 456 open jobs. This makes it evident that the requirement is growing and the salary is generous. Further, as you keep upskilling with more and more certifications to your profile, the sum will grow and bonuses as well. This, in turn, will increase the salary package as well.
Here are some of the highest paying Indian cities for the profile of Salesforce Admin.
- Bengaluru, Karnataka: 8,13,486 / Annum
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu: 8,40,739 / Annum
- Noida, Uttar Pradesh: 6,84,947 / Annum
- Mumbai, Maharashtra: 6,82,632 / Annum
- Kharar, Punjab: 5,83,460 / Annum
Which are the Important Salesforce Administrator Certifications?
The profile has certain basic credentials and certifications that include:
- Administrator: A certificate that drives the beginning of your career as a Salesforce Admin.
- Advanced Administrator: Provides improved expertise in implementing advanced Salesforce features.
- CPQ Specialist: Streamlines the sales process while effectively implementing quoting flows.
- Marketing Cloud Administrator: Helps configure and troubleshoot configurations with ease and expertise.
- Platform App Builder: An effective credential to design, build, and implement custom applications.
Do you live with the uncertainty of employment? Want to change to a stable job in a fast-growing field? Then, Salesforce Admin may be your choice of career. Starting from this beginning course, you can step ahead to add more Salesforce certifications and credentials to your profile while simultaneously pushing your career to new heights. It’s like constantly adding badges and super badges along the way while you are on a never-ending journey to success.