What are the Career Prospects of Python
The Python job market is exponentially growing with this technological marvel carving its niche in the IT job sector. The growing world of artificial intelligence, the need for a supportive community, and the increasing use of cloud computing solutions have skyrocketed the use of Python. This, in turn, has increased the demand for Python professionals in the booming IT market. Unfortunately, there is a huge gap in demand and supply of these professionals. This creates a complete imbalance because the demand is outpacing the supply of Python experts across many countries, including the USA & India. As a result of this scarcity, the existing experts are enjoying the rising salary figures, and the inexperienced are battling with their career goals.
Key Highlights of the Python Job Market
- Forbes revel that Python has experienced a growth of 456% from the year 2011 to 2015
- According to Forbes, Python in 2015, achieved the seventh position amongst the most demanding technical skills
- According to TIOBE Programming Community index, Python in 2019 ranked at No 3 in the index, in terms of popularity of programming language
- According to StackOverflow, Python in 2020 has grown at a rate of 73.1% as the fastest growing language, especially in high-income countries like the USA and UK.
- The year 2017 had showcased 41,000 job postings for Python professionals on Indeed
- In 2018, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) ranked Python at the top position as the most popular programming language.
- In the year 2018, the numbers rose to 46,000 job postings
- Glassdoor and Indeed collectively experienced 60,000 Python job postings in 2016
The highlights of the job market clearly indicate the promising career scope of Python and the exponential career growth the technical skill offers.
What are the Popular Job Titles in Python
The most common and promising Python job titles include:
- Understanding all the parameters of software engineering
- Working with data structures and algorithms
- Building data models in collaboration with data scientists
- Writing code that can be reused and tested
- Writing efficient Python codes to implement data protection
- Integrating data storage solution
- Deploying all sorts of updates and fixes
- Designing processes for troubleshooting
- Automating visualization through Python scripts
- Working on digital maps with reliable data sources
- Mapping of data by discovering new trends and patterns
- Managing all geographic maps in a digital library
- Mining data from the database
- Developing data models for accuracy and effectiveness
- Using data modelling to optimize business performance and outcomes
- Providing support to write, edit, and maintain programs
- Testing and analysing code errors and fixing them
- Tracking changes in the software version
How much do Python Professionals Earn
Refereeing the consolidated data by various sources, salary figures of Python developers in India & USA are as follows:
- Average salary for Software Developers is approximately INR 5, 07,971 per annum
- Average salary for DevOps Engineers is approximately INR 6, 38,487 per annum
- Average salary for Data Scientists is approximately INR 8, 11,311 per annum
- Average salary for Python Developers is approximately INR 7,70,616 per annum
- Average salary for Software Developers is approximately USD 1, 10,919 per annum
- Average salary for DevOps Engineers is approximately USD 63,645 per annum
- Average salary for Data Scientists is approximately USD 96,674 per annum
- Average salary for Python Developers is approximately USD 80,994 per annum
However, the salary figures climb an exponential growth with increasing qualifications, certifications, and experiences.
Python continues to evolve at an exponential pace while unwrapping abundance of career opportunities with inspiring scope. There is no looking back because technology is also constantly improving with new versions to stay aligned with the technological advancements. Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Machine Learning, and Networking, popularly known as future technologies, have further given a push to this easy, dynamic, and functional language. So, what are you waiting for? Come, explore the opportunity and work towards filling the skill-gap that is certain to take your career future-proof.