The world around is learning to adapt to new conditions created in the recent times. The concept of office cubicles has been taken away from the workers in a snap. Companies are working at reduced capacities and hiring people who are familiar and comfortable with the idea of contributing remotely. Thus, the diversity of culture, people and mindsets has become a new common factor in any organization. In the quest of finding new ways to enable work to happen in seamless manner, the recruiters are looking for the people having the following top 5 job skills:
- High Emotional Quotient: The present is an era of uncertainty and gives no clue of what the future hold. Each day brings new learning. The conditions at work are changing at the fast rate. Work from home conditions require making a lot many changes at the home front too. A sort of unspoken difference has crept in the way of thinking and working of employees. In such scenario, people with high emotional quotient can become the pillars of strength. Everyone has to invest some of their part in being responsive to emotions. Thus, having a constructive take is what is going to differentiate an achiever from the rest.
- Tools-Readiness: The offices from the cubicles have moved to the clouds. Remote working requires dealing with a variety of technological innovations in the field of communication. People who can learn things fast and are open to adopting newer technologies with added readiness are going to make a better candidate in coming times. Those workers who can adapt to changing machines quickly are likely to be more useful for the companies.
- Comfort with Remote-Working: Those people who can commit to the deadlines even in remote working conditions can help the organizations meet their objectives. So, apart from the required set of technical skills, the element of discipline in the way of working is required in abundance. People who can set priorities right way and do work with minimal instructions are going to be the ideal candidate in the coming times.
- Data Usability: Data Science, Machine Learning, VR, AR, Robotics, etc. are not the future anymore. They are here and now, but are going to be more rampantly used in coming times. Workers with a better understanding of data handling and processing, and with ability of using these for the betterment of delivery are going to stay more relevant in coming times. Thus, doing courses that revolve around data science and machine learning can be one of the ways to become future-ready.
- Creative Approach: The workers in coming times will require having a creative bend of mind. People’s changing preferences will require introducing newer and more user-friendly way of meeting the user expectations. Thus, being creative and opening the minds to newer models of product and business development is a must-have for the success in coming times.
- Tech-Savviness: Tech-savviness is the urgency of the present and future business landscape. Technology has empowered our lives in so many promising ways that multinationals and industry giants are hunting for professionals who can meet high-end technology requirements. A lot of technology trends like Artificial Intelligence, Python, Hadoop, Blockchain, and Salesforce Implementation are venturing into the business world and reshaping the economy. With this, it becomes important to adopt the advancing technology trends and understand their business benefits.
To conclude, the future needs all of us to be more positive, productive and extra responsive to emotional and operational needs. So, change your mindset, as well, while changing the resumes.